Monday, September 17, 2007

Week 3

On to week three and I'm still loving OT school. The awesome thing is that it's not extremely difficult, it is just extremely overwhelming. Most things make sense to me and I cannot express enough how helpful it is to work in a rehab hospital. There's not a day that goes by that I don't learn about something I saw at the hospital. I have a lot of moments where things suddenly make more sense and seem more practical. To anyone considering OT school.... WORK IN REHAB I swear life will be a little easier.

Oh I'm now a note-taker for two of my classes. . . I had a car issue over the weekend that set me back quite a few dollars, and it was definitely fate that this job opportunity opened up today, so of course I jumped on it.

Here's some of the excitement I have coming up:
- Quizzes every Tuesday on Psychosocial Clinical Conditions.
- Mental Health- professional areas of practice research paper and 30 minute powerpoint presentation to the class.
- Professional behavior assessment paper
- 5 midterm exams.
- Case study project
- Quizzes every Monday for OT Practice Skills
- Plan and implement a self-advocacy OT group with Leigh-Ann
- Run a 'warm-up' for a group therapy session.
- Brain, Cranial Nerve and Dermatome charts
- Lifespan task analysis group observation guidelines and presentation.
- Exams on Muscles of UE, LE, Trunk and Shoulder.
- Motor performance lab practical exam.
- 5 final exams.
- 24 hour activity log
- Occupational Profile project / Frame of Reference project
- 3 community observation logs
- APA Writing paper/presentation with Cathy
- Medical Terminology quiz every Thursday
- Illness/disability awareness book report.

Hmm, that's all I can think of for now.... it'll be nice to start crossing things off that list as I accomplish them.

Time to exercise and get to work.

No comments: