Friday, November 30, 2007

I love school, but I'm ready for the semester to end. I am pathetic because some of the things I'm excited to do are: Organize my bookshelf (which has just accumulated insane amounts of books, articles, and random papers throughout the semester), reorganize my closet, and go back to work. Yes, simple things make me happy.

I have 7 more days of class and they are probably the most overwhelming days I'll have this semester. On Monday I'm running a group lab about self-advocacy with Leigh Ann. We'll be running an assertiveness training session. (THANK YOU KAREN for this suggestion.... Have I told you lately how awesome you are???). Anyway, I put together a powerpoint presentation with clips from the movie Office Space. I'll be having my group watch some clips, decide how the character could have been more assertive, then they'll act out the scene using assertiveness techniques.

On Tuesday I have to turn in a case-study (12 pages!) project about my patient who has OCD... I have to look at every aspect of the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework and decide where her deficits are, and determine some treatment ideas. It's actually pretty interesting.

Wednesday is task analysis day!!! My group had to videotape 3 people performing the same activity (turning on a faucet), and then break down each component, the type of movement, muscles and joints involved, etc etc. It doesn't seem difficult but it's just incredibly time consuming. We'll be working on that project all day on Sunday.

Thursday is my last medical terminology quiz!!! Woo!

The following week is finals week. : )

Time to get stuff done... I'll be posting a blog soon about questions I've gotten throughout the semester from prospective occupational therapy students. I'd love to help anyone I can because OT is awesome and as crazy as school can be, it's worth every minute of it.

No comments: