Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving!!!

As usual, I've been busy with life. We are winding down the last THREE weeks of the semester. I have some major major things coming up including a task analysis video presentation, a 12 page case study project, 5 exams, a lab practical, and I have to run a group lab about self-advocacy. I am so psyched to get this over with and go back to work... It'll be so cool because I'll be going to the rehab hospital with an entirely different perspective now. I understand things a little differently now that I have a new vantage point.

So anyway today was a very educational OT-Thanksgiving. Every year we go to my aunt & uncles house in Freehold for dinner, and every year I see Ron. Ron's been a friend of the family for as long as I remember. He's a really nice, smart guy and cool to talk with. About 10 years ago he was in a really horrific car accident which left him a C6 quadriplegic.

Ron is more of an occupational therapist than I can ever hope to be. He's adapted his home and car to meet his needs 100%. I hardly see any obstacles for Ron, because he's found a way to get around all of them somehow. He's great because he really wants to show me how he lives his day and functions independently. I'm going to make it my mission to make some sort of photo/video blog of how he goes about his day, because it's just incredible and he's eager to share it.

Time to sleep... the tryptophan is kicking it... and I don't even eat turkey.
Maybe it's just the sleep deprivation. : )

No comments: