Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008 : )

Merry Christmas / Kwanzaa/ Hanukkah / Festivus : ) and Happy New Year! It's incredible how much can happen in life in just one short year. 2007 gave me so many new experiences, and brought some awesome new people in my life. I am truly blessed and thankful for the people in my life that continue to support and encourage me. I could not ask for more.

I'm on a much-needed vacation from Occupational Therapy school. I've been enjoying just relaxing, reading, playing my guitar, working at the hospital, going to the gym and being with my friends and family. I miss my OTS family, though and I'm psyched to start my next semester.

January 22nd starts my pediatric and mental health semester. I'm also starting Level I FIELDWORK already! I'll be working at a school with people between the ages of 3-21 with multiple disabilities, autism or other PDD's. I can't wait to write about my experiences (although I'll have to change many details, names, ages, etc as per HIPAA and all that fun legal stuff...).

I will also be a graduate assistant again this semester and I'll continue my weekend program for the children with Autism. I really enjoyed the experience last year and I feel so much more comfortable with the kids. They are so cool and they really look forward to coming to the group.

Oh and I can officially say that I'll be graduating next year....
Which is really almost 2 years since graduation is the end of next year. Does that make sense at all?

No comments: